Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lehuanani Reinamoana Pahulu


I can't believe my little princess is 19 mos old! She is definitely the little lady of our household as everyone caters to her every need. She amazes me each day as her vocabulary has exploded! Sometimes I catch her telling her brothers what to do. Her vocabulary is constantly developing and I wonder what it will be like in a year from now. Although her conversations is a good mixture of words and baby talk she always seems to be able to convey to us what she is feeling or what she may be needing or wanting to do. Needless to say in her explorations in and around our house, just about anything new will get her attention. She's my little trasher around the house. When I have finished folding launday, if I don't put it away right there and then, Lehua finds it amusing to grab the clothes and throw them all over the place. She also does the same thing with her food while at the dinner table. One of her all time favorites is finding an open bathroom and getting into the toilet....gross! (but it helps me so I can keep my toilets really clean these days just in case she makes way there...i know thats still gross but seriously it doesn't help to lock all the bathroom doors because I've tried that and then had accidents result from my boys which is no good. I love her for this though so I can be reminded not to take things so sericously. Lehua's all time favorite place to destroy though is my home office. Anytime I am not in my office, she will make a run for her money to get in there, play with my laptop, pick at the keys of my laptop, play with my phone, and try to imitate me working. She's so fie' lahi! And I know that I only have more to look forward to as she gets older. Lehua is also our little cheerleader, anything I tell her and the boys to do she screams, "yeaaaaa!" with excitement, whether it be doing chores, eating, getting a drink, etc. Her little personality is so bubbly and she always has a happy demeanor which didn't exist when she was a few months younger. You won't believe it after looking at these pictures, but Lehua wasn't so photogenic, she never liked to smile and I always thought to myself, those non-smile faces she got from her Dad. Thank goodness that has all changed, as one of her favorite things to do is take pictures and say "cheese!". Lehua also has the biggest sweet tooth ever! Her eyes are like targets when treats or snacks are in her presence. Her all time favorite is the Grandmas pink cookies. She won't let one of those out of her sight when they are in our home. Just last week, one of my cousins from Australia had send us some goodies. I obviously didn't hide it away carefully, because one day as I was working in my office I could hear Lehua and Alani laughing down the hall in my bedroom. I thought to myself, how sweet they are having so much fun together (mind you I couldn't see them, only hear them). After finishing up in my office, I walked down to my room only to find the both of them covered up with chocolate, and goodies scattered all over my bedroom floor. I couldn't help but laugh at their chocolate masked faces! I only wish I had thought to grab my camera and capture that moment. Other than that, Lehua is also evolving into a little tomboy....as much as I try to ensure she will be the lil' girl of our family, it hard enough being surounded by guys. Lehuas play includes wrestling, playing with reptiles, PS2, and getting roughed up by her brothers which she enjoys and tolerates. On one end its kind of nice knowing that she can handle it but on the other I don't want her to think she's one of the boys..... Lehua is my little princess and such a joy to be with! I love being able to finally be home, be there for her and my boys, and capture true moments of happiness as she learns and experiences new things on a daily basis. Love you Lehua!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lavi said...

Awwwww Lehua!!! I can't believe how big she's getting Sein... And yeah talk about vocab explosion!!! She can say my name :) lol!! I love ur lil girl to pieces!!!