Saturday, September 20, 2008

AMAZING Date Night with Alicia Keys!

I can't say I'm into music like I use to be when I was younger, but throughout the years Alicia Keys has always been one of my favorites. I still remember getting Alicia Keys first CD in 2001 and falling in love with her music! I loved her simplicity and how true she was to herself, her music and her fans. I loved that none of her music was trashy, but pure and always dealt with elements of the heart. Nothing changed about her when seeing her in person for the first time; she walked in with some black pumps, some pink jeans, and a tshirt with a butterfly on it. Her hair was back in a ponytail and she brought her game to the table as her music poured out and put us all in awe! Throughout the night she also shared it with her backup singers and band. She was so relaxed and really did make us feel a part of her show. We definitely got to see the prodigious piano player she is, hear her raw vocals, and dance to her- out of this world entertainment! Her music definitely took me and Dan for a good ride as her ballads center around love, heartbreak, and romance. "I keep on fallin, in and out of love with you", "Some people want it all, but I don't want nothing at all", "No one, no one, no one, can get in the way of what I'm feeling". What a blessing to be able to listen to one of the best voices out there in the pop/R&B world! Each song was full of emotion! I think me and Dan feel in love with Alicia time and time again as she performed! It was amazing to be in the front and see her in action...Alicia was beautiful, was committed and pushed the limits of her vocal range last night! Hearing her in concert was like magic, because her stellar performance kept us wanting more. There was both young and old at the concert, even senior citizens strolled in for a fun night. Abravenal Hall was jam packed, but a nice venue where everyone could enjoy and not feel so crowded. She was so down to earth and definitely an inspiration! This was probably one of the funnest date nights ever! Thanks Hun!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

ma'elePHOTO said...

Jane you got some great up close pics.... does that mean you were FRONT ROW??? It looked like a BLAST! I remember when we were younger how you'd always be blasting the latest hits from your room, that's what I missed when you left to HI. Anyways, totally wished I could have joined you! Love you!

Pahulu Family said...

L,
Yeah so my call to you was interrupted by this Alicia Keys concert and I know we need to catch up. I'll give you a call this week! yeah, we were up in the front and could practically touch her...but we kept our cool and just enjoyed eachothers company the whole night. It was great! The good ole' days....I really need to get back into music...anyways love ya sis!

ma'elePHOTO said...

Hey Jane... so tell me... do you KNOW Kalai??? I'm figuring he's probably played at one of your venues. Let me know if you got ctcs.... THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

LOVE YOU SIS!!!

ma'elePHOTO said...

Sein... CALL ME TODAY!!!! ASAP 760-530-0294...LOVE YOU!!!

{priscilla} said...

Okay...sorry it took forever for me to get Sis. Tafiti's address to ya but here it is:

1814 N. Echo Ave.
Fresno, Ca. 93704

and by the way your kids are too cute!!

Lavi said...

You are so bloody lucky man!!!!! I so should have been there, but maybe next time around! and can you keep me clued in with the steals of deals you get on EVERYTHING you buy :) you are the best!!! And thank you for sending me that up close and personal picture :)

Heather said...

Thanks for leaving a post on our blog. We're so excited you found us! We've had a few visitors over the past few weeks but things are finally back to normal and we'd love to get together with you sometime. My email is hpahulu@gmail.com, so maybe if you want to email me and we can set something up. By the way, the concert sounds amazing!!