Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Working in office today!


So after being home for 3 months now working, my boss calls me in to do some presentations for a big meeting we have for the remainder of this weekend. We have these meetings every 6 months during commencement. Its pretty neat though, because we have employees who work all around the world and our company pays for each of them to fly out here every 6 months to celebrate graduation for our students. So along with the presentations that I have to conduct, there are alot of activities, parties, and outings provided by my employer. I'm looking forward to hanging out with my buddies and just having a good weekend. When I started at WGU, I told some of my good friends and now 3 of them have joined me there. We love it! It sucks to have to leave my kids though, and honestly I don't know if I could ever go back to working in office rather from home. My kids were so cute last night though as they were constantly telling me that they don't want me to go. Bruce kept saying, "...but Mom, I thought your office is upstairs. Don't go Mom because I'm going to miss you!". Its so nice to know that my kids want to be with me, which is why I chose to work from home in the first place. Being that my children are all really still young, its great to feel wanted, needed, and loved. We all know that once they truly develop autonomy and are older their independence will probably bring about more time apart as they have to go to school longer, hang out with their friends more regularly, and become more involved with their own agenda which will mean less time with me. So I'm taking every moment that I have with them now! Wish me luck with my presentations!

2 comments:

ma'elePHOTO said...

HOOOORRAAAAYYY!!! You've FINALLY got yourself up and running!!!! Yeah! Good luck on the presentation, you'll do GREAT!!! Just CHEESE it and that'll soften everyone up! HEHEHE lol!!! Love ya sis!

ma'elePHOTO said...

BTW- I'm LOVING Alani's scar across his forehead. Soooo Alani! LOVE it! Miss you guys! Give that little monster our BIG UMAS!!! and also Brucey and the Princess!