Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Welcome Baby Samani Siosefa Pahulu!




He's Here!


Born yesterday July 22nd, 2008 weighing in at 8lbs 3oz and standing at 20 inches we are so excited to have this addition to our family. He's a Pahulu alright with that nose, hair, and eyes! Dem Pahulu genes are just way too strong! He was born in Overland Park, Kansas and we are so excited to fly over to see him. My husband and his brothers are very close and have a bond that is not to be wreckoned with. For the longest time, on my husbands side of the family, my children were the only grandkids. Although they no longer have that entitlement, being the only grandchildren had alot of benefits because my kids were always taken care of during holidays, bdays, etc. However, I must say how nice it is to have sister in laws and see my brother in laws starting their little families! I love my sister in laws to death! When we have get togethers, its so fun to just relax and kick it while the guys are bonding doing their own thing. Anyways, last year Alani and Kathy had Danny Jr. who takes after his Dad and is growing so quickly. My kids love baby Danny to death and although Lehua is only 1years old she is naturally a caretaker as she tries to care for baby Danny when they are together. And now to add to the Pahulu side, baby Samani brings our total to 5 grandchildren! We are definitely growing. Leki and Holly live in Kansas, but we are in regular contact and get together at least 2x a year. Holly is a lawyer, so she always has interesting stories to share related to her work, and I love to pick her brain. They were just here earlier this year where we had so many all nighters where Kathy, Holly, and I spent sharing our prego stories and helping Holly to prepare for the time left for her to carry baby. Baby Samani is one special kid though. Holly comes from a family of all girls and Holly is the first to marry. So you can imagine how spoiled baby is, as Holly's family is so thrilled to not only have a grandchild, but also the first boy in their family. Even when Holly and Leki got married, my boys were treated like Kings at their wedding. Understanding that my boys were both in their mischevious stage, during the wedding they were noisey, wild, and always getting into trouble. They even got into the wedding cake before Leki and Holly cut it and as I got furious with them, Holly's mom was so nice to them. In fact just because the boys wanted cake she rushed over to Holly and Leki and had them cut their cake immediately so my boys could share in eating it. As soon as they had cut the cake, the first pieces were served to my boys. Even after the wedding, Holly's mom had gotten my boys spiderman gifts just because. I thought to myself, had this been any other wedding someone would of probably given the boot to my kids for getting into their wedding cake. Holly's family was nothing but loving and I appreciated all that they had done for my boys that weekend. We are so happy for this lil' family and are grateful to be a part of their lives. My kids can't wait to meet their new cousin!

1 comment:

ma'elePHOTO said...

How awesome!!! Sounds like the boys are excited to not be the only ones at family functions. Now they have another partner in crime. Oh! and great to have a cool sis in law... can't wait until my bros in law get married!! Then I won't be the ONLY inlaw.